Thursday, April 18, 2019 @ 1 pm Eastern / 12 pm Central
It happens to everyone – that moment of hesitation when you’re caught off guard and must speak without time to prepare. Whether you’re pulled into a meeting, get a call from an undecided candidate or have to present a 5-minute business plan to bring in a big client, as you start to ramble, you realize you have no idea how to make the most of these impromptu moments. A great communicator can speak with confidence in any setting or situation and at a moment’s notice.
Discover ways you can deliver a polished performance even in high-stakes situations where you need to shine when faced with the unexpected. This 60-minute webinar offers you practical tips and techniques to build your “improv muscle” and wow them every time. Join us and learn:
- Tricks to organize your thoughts without notes or other crutches
- Respond convincingly when put on the spot without breaking a sweat
- The rules of improv and how to apply them to any business transaction
- Handle the unexpected — before, during and after a presentation
The Art of Improvisation: Apply the Rules of Improv When You Speak
- The concept of “yes and” and why it is so empowering
- Avoid building walls and using language that shuts down conversations
- What to say when you don’t know what to say and still sound intelligent
- Add a bit of humor to your sales pitch and regular client updates
Become More Adept at Sharing Your Ideas on The Spot
- Overcome nervousness and other impromptu-speaking anxieties
- Respond – rather than react – to the unexpected from clients and candidates
- How to answer tough questions on the spot even without “perfect” answers
Stay Cool and Collected: Connect with Your Audience in A Meaningful Way
- Make a polished, professional first impression when being introduced
- Respond appropriately to emotionally charged situations
- Publicly recognize others for accomplishments and contributions
Question and Answer Session – Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
Expert Presenter: Julie Ostrow
As the Humorous Speaker and Communication Coach, The Second City-trained and First-Ever American Laughing Champion Julie Ostrow teaches organizations and corporate teams to use improv skills to improve Creativity, Communication, Team Building, Problem Solving, and Productivity with their clients and within their organizations. She teaches the benefits of using humor, laughter, and improv in all aspects of our lives, including in the workplace.
Having more than 20 years of corporate marketing communications experience including five years with SmithBucklin, the world’s largest association management firm, Julie is able to identify the trigger points of miscommunication and low morale in the corporate culture and among team members. By infusing her corporate experience with her humor, laughter, and improv tools, she is able to guide organizations to communication, connection, and creativity. Resulting in re-inspired teams and increased productivity.
Julie’s enthusiasm and passionate spirit, combined with her comedic insight, help to make her a warm and engaging presenter and workshop facilitator. Her personal motto, “find the funny,” helps her to find humor in everyday moments and in life’s seemingly most difficult situations…and she will help you’ll help your teams do the same! She also performs improv and stand-up comedy for a variety of events.
Continuing Education Credits (1.0 CE)
This webinar qualifies for continuing education hours towards maintaining your ASA credential. Please contact ASA for more information, email@example.com.