People 2.0 is committed to providing a higher standard of service and to the delivery of safe, quality patient care by its healthcare professionals. This policy statement is generated to comply with The Joint Commission Standards for Healthcare Staffing Services. People 2.0 has established the following practices:
- As the provider of staffing services, People 2.0 will be the employer of Assigned Employees and shall not by reason of their assignment to Client through People 2.0 become employees of the client.
- People 2.0 shall verify the Assigned Employee’s licensure, certification, education and work experience to assure they are competent and possess the skills and experience appropriate for the assignment.
- It shall be the responsibility of Client to orient assigned employees to the facility; its rules and regulations, to acquaint them with the facility policies and procedures, and to validate competency and ability of Assigned Employee.
- Assigned Employees may only be placed in assignments that match the job description for which People 2.0 assigns them; if an Assigned Employee is asked to float to another department with the Client, the department must be a like department or unit and the float employee must have demonstrated previous competency and have the appropriate certifications, credentials for that department/unit.
- It shall be the responsibility of the Client to cooperate in an evaluation of each Assigned Employee relative to such employee’s ability to perform specific job functions upon completion of employee’s assignment.
- It shall be the responsibility of the Client to notify People 2.0 within 24 hours of the event; any competency issues, incidents, and/or complaints related to the Assigned Employee and/or People 2.0. Client agrees to initiate communication with People 2.0 whenever an incident/injury report related to the Assigned Employee is completed. Upon notification, People 2.0 shall document and track all unexpected incidents, including errors, sentinel events and other events, injuries and safety hazards related to the care and services provided.
- People 2.0 will not engage subcontractors to provide Assigned Employees unless agreed to in advance by the Client. In the event that subcontractors are engaged, People 2.0 will assure that all subcontractor employees meet the qualifications as outlined in the contract. People 2.0 will evaluate the services provided by subcontractors on an ongoing basis.
- People 2.0 shall at all times safeguard the integrity, security, and confidentiality of individually identifiable health information, as that term is defined in The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, 42 U.S.C. Section 1320d(6) (“Health Information”), to which it has access by virtue of this Agreement. To accomplish this requirement, People 2.0 shall maintain reasonable and appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards as specified in 42 U.S.C. Section 1320d-2(d)(2). People 2.0 shall familiarize its Staff, Affiliates, employees, subcontractors and representative with the privacy and security policies of Client applicable to Client’s Health Information. People 2.0 and Client shall promptly report to one another any unexpected incidents regarding any breach of integrity, security or confidentiality of Client’s Health Information.
The People 2.0 office, located in (PA), is open Monday through Friday from the hours of 8:00 – 5:00. Our local telephone number is (888) 270-3579. Outside of normal business hours, in the event of an emergency please contact us at (610) 840-0453.
In the event of an emergency, natural disaster or other uncontrollable event, People 2.0 will continue to provide service to you through our corporate network from a location where phones and computers are functional. People 2.0 will do everything possible to support you in meeting your needs during crisis situation(s). A copy of our Emergency Management Plan is available upon request.
Our goal is to always provide you with a consistent level of service. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with our service or the service provided by one of our healthcare professionals, we encourage you to contact the local manager to discuss the issue. People 2.0 has processes in place to resolve client complaints in an effective and efficient manner. If the resolution does not meet your expectation, we encourage you to call the People 2.0 corporate office at (888) 270-3579. A corporate representative will work with you to resolve your concern. Any individual or organization that has a concern about the quality and safety of patient care delivered by People 2.0 healthcare professionals, which has not been addressed by PEOPLE 2.0 management, is encouraged to contact the Joint Commission at www.jointcommission.org or by calling the Office of Quality Monitoring at 630.792.5636.